By accessing our website, you agree to the following terms.
- Allow you to navigate our site more efficiently.
- Store user preferences. For example, if you agree to our cookie terms when you first visit our website, a cookie is used to prevent it displaying again.
- Display content that’s more relevant to you. For example, if you’re located in the UK, sites we link to might show you their .co.uk version rather than their .com version.
- Improve our service using web analytics tools. When you visit a page on our website, certain data, such as your browser and the page you visited, may be stored on a third party server. This information is collected anonymously – it cannot be associated with your IP address. This data is used, for example, to determine which types of content are popular on our website in order to inform our future publishing.
- Determine whether Smartphone Insight is entitled to receive a commission for a purchase made on another site by the user. When you click on an outbound link from our website to another business we have an affiliate arrangement with, a cookie may be generated to store when and where that link was clicked. If the user then makes a subsequent purchase on this third-party website, we may be entitled to receive a commission. We will not see who purchased what. Rather, we will see information such as the products bought, the date of the transaction, and their cost. These purchases are not associated with you individually and cannot be linked to your IP address – they will be reported to us anonymously.
Other data we use
Smartphone Insight also uses other types of data, including:
- Information submitted by the user in order for us to carry out our service. When a comment is submitted, your IP address, email address and name is stored on our server in order for your comment to be reviewed and displayed. Such data may also be stored on third-party email servers, as we at times receive email notifications about new comments/messages. Similarly, when the user submits their name/email address via an email signup form embedded on our website, this data is transmitted to and stored on a third-party mail provider’s server.
- Your IP address and time of visit, which may be stored on our web server’s logs for security purposes.
Data submitted to us will only be used for the purpose it was intended, except in exceptional circumstances where we feel we must use user information for vital communications. If you submit your email address when posting a comment, it will only be used in order to inform you that the comment was approved/replied to, unless we feel we must inform users of a drastic change in the way the site operates, for example. We won’t use personal data for commercial benefit, unless you have explicitly signed up for one of our marketing newsletters.
Privacy is our number one priority. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt data sent to/from our web servers, and make every effort to install any relevant software patches as soon as they are released.
Third parties may potentially use or see certain data as a result of a user using our service.
- Our website and email solutions are hosted on third-party servers.
- Web analytics data is stored on third-party servers.
- Affiliate partners will know that new customers/users were referred to them through our outbound links.
- Plugins on our site may query third-party APIs in order to display certain content on our site. These APIs may see your IP address and/or user agent string.
Apart from the above circumstances, we will not share or sell your data with third parties, unless:
- We are required to by law enforcement, regulatory bodies, or legal proceedings.
- Smartphone Insight changes ownership. If the website is bought or traded, the new owner will have access to the aforementioned data we collect. Anonymous site usage behaviour data may be shared during potential sale negotiations.
- In exceptional circumstances, we feel we must use certain data in order to protect the rights, safety and/or value of our users, brand or owners.